Prior to IV Sedation
- Nothing to eat or drink (include water) for 6 hours prior to the appointment.
- If you routinely take prescription medications in the morning, please consult
the office before skipping your medicine prior to surgery.
- Wear loose fitting clothing (no turtle necks, tights, etc.) to accommodate
monitoring during sedation. Sleeves must be able to roll up loosely above the
elbow for the blood pressure cuff.
- Please remove nail polish from at least two fingers for oxygen monitor to be
placed during surgery.
- Do not smoke for at least 12 hours prior to surgery. Hold smoking for two
weeks in advance if possible. Smoking compromises lung function during sedation.
- The patient must have an escort 18 years of age or older to accompany the
patient during discharge.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24
hours after having IV sedation.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, runny nose, stomach or bowel upset,
please notify the office as soon as possible.
Download a copy of the pre-surgical instructions:
For Botox cosmetics and facial fillers, see the pre-treatment instructions: